The “Hassle-Free” warranties referred to below are provided by KC Tools.
Subject to the exclusions set out in these terms, the below products sold and marketed by KC Tools are warrantied against faulty workmanship and materials on terms set out below.
KC Tools provides a range of “Hassle-Free” warranty periods for the KC Tools products it supplies, including but not limited to the following:
For KC Tools Quality Tools, you can make a claim under KC Tools “Hassle-Free” warranty for the replacement or repair of products which have faulty workmanship or materials for the ‘lifetime’ of the product. ‘Lifetime’ of the product may vary from product to product.
For KC Tools Air Tool products you can make a claim under KC Tools “Hassle-Free” warranty for the replacement or repair of products which have faulty workmanship or materials for 24 months from the date of purchase.
For ProAm Tools products you can make a claim under KC Tools “Hassle-Free” warranty for the replacement or repair of products which have faulty workmanship or materials for 12 months from the date of purchase.
The benefits conferred by these warranties are in addition to any other rights and remedies you may have under the Australian Consumer Law and/or other applicable laws.
Each KC Tools Product is designed and manufactured for a specific purpose. KC Tool warranties do not cover products that have been used for purposes other than for its intended use, or that is misused, abused or subjected to normal wear and tear, or products which have not been correctly maintained.
KC Tools warranties also do not apply to the following products:
• Sockets used on impact guns (not including impact sockets)
• Screwdrivers used as chisels or tyre levers
• Ratchets that have been affected by normal wear and tear or that have been dented, grooved and broken
• Circlip Plier Tips
• Extension Bars and Flex Handles that have had pipe applied for extra leverage or have been struck with a hammer
• Storage (except where specified)
• Taps and Dies
• Hexagon Keys / TORX* Keys
• Power Driving Bits and Impact Driver Bits
• Cold Chisels & Punches
• Screw Extractors
• Drill Bits
• Hexagon / Torx* Bits
• Consumable products (including but not exclusive to: knife blades, hack saw blades, drill bits, augers, grinding wheels, tyres, vacuum bags, nozzles, globes, LED’s, batteries, fittings, springs, blades, chucks, chisels, pads or any other such attachments
• Serviceable parts (including but not exclusive to: bearings, seals, filters, spark plugs, globes, belts, batteries, fluids, fittings, springs)
• Castor wheels / Creeper wheels
• Bolt Cutter Jaws
KC Tools “Hassle-Free” warranties also do not cover damage to or loss of items stored in any KC Tools storage boxes (such as tool boxes or vehicle storage boxes).
To make a valid claim under the KC Tools “Hassle-Free” warranty you must:
1. Return the product to the place of purchase or to an authorised KC Tools retailer with a register receipt or invoice clearly showing the date of purchase; and
2. Provide KC Tools with any further information if requested.
You are responsible for all costs incurred by you to return the KC Tools product to KC Tools and all other costs you incur in making a claim under this “Hassle-Free” warranty.
If you make a claim under the KC Tools “Hassle-Free” warranty and none of the exclusions set out above apply, KC Tools will at its election, repair or replace the KC Tools product under warranty and return the repaired or replacement product to the purchaser at KC Tool’s cost.
All repairs conducted on KC Tools products under this “Hassle-Free” warranty must be carried out by an authorised KC Tools repair agent.
KC Tools products come with warranties that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
If you have any queries, please contact KC Tools in your local state for further information.